Warsh Takes Charge of Fed Facing Rising Inflation Threat
The economic backdrop that Kevin M. Warsh inherits as chair of the Federal Reserve does not call for the interest rate cuts that President Trump wants.

Federal prosecutors revealed Thursday that the government is dropping charges against several Illinois protestors who demonstrated against Immigration and Customs Enforcement last year. U.S. Attorney Andrew Boutros, Chicago’s top federal prosecutor, said he is dropping charges against the remaining “Broadview Six” defendants just days before their rare federal trial for misdemeanor charges, due to concerns […]
The economic backdrop that Kevin M. Warsh inherits as chair of the Federal Reserve does not call for the interest rate cuts that President Trump wants.
A depraved Georgia teacher accused of having sex with a boy in a classroom closet allegedly sexually abused five other students – and had hookups inside a Hummer and on a golf course, according to newly-released arrest warrants.
Republicans are currently battling over a fund that could pay people alleging legal system was 'weaponized' against them
A member of a Tennessee school board has been charged with assault in connection with an incident during a recent public meeting in which he referred to a female high school student as "hot" and appeared to touch her, WJHL-TV reported.Keith Ervin of the the Washington County Schools Board of Education was seen on video appearing to touch a student seated next to him while making a sizzling noise before telling her, "God, you're hot, you know that? ... Where do you go to school at?"'Every board member has been concerned about her and how this has impacted her and will impact her.'The student replied that she attends David Crockett High School, after which Ervin exclaimed, “All right!" WJHL noted.The incident occurred during an April 2 school board meeting and can be seen on the school district's YouTube page; the incident occurs just after the 1 hour and 16 minute mark.WJHL said that following public outcry, the school board on April 8 voted to censure Ervin, and the Washington County Commission issued a vote of no confidence in Ervin on April 27.Ervin also was censured in 2009 after reportedly making a lewd gesture of a sexual nature in front of a class at David Crockett High School, the station said.RELATED: Florida HS staffer, 49, initially fights female student in self-defense — but soon crosses way over the line, cops say Ervin, however, has insisted the clip recorded during the meeting showing his interaction with the student lacks context, and he has stated he only was complimenting the manner in which she had been asking questions during the meeting, the station said.A charge of assault was filed Monday against Ervin, with a violation date of April 2, WJHL reported, citing court records.RELATED: Jesus, Trump, Charlie Kirk reportedly named role models by elementary students — but school staffer allegedly squashes picks Washington County Schools Superintendent Jerry Boyd provided the station with a statement from the school board acknowledging that its members are aware a simple assault charge has been filed against Ervin in relation to the incident."Board chair Annette Buchanan previously stated that Mr. Ervin's comments and actions were 'shocking' and that he 'objectified and diminished a young woman,'" the statement reads, according to WJHL. "The Board reiterates that Mr. Ervin's actions do not reflect the standards, policies, or values of the school district. The Board remains committed to ensuring a safe, respectful, and appropriate environment for all students and staff."The station said the school board stated that it will defer to law enforcement and the judicial system regarding the charge against Ervin.Boyd added to the station that "none of the burden placed on the board members or myself or any district member compares to probably what the individual student feels. So every board member has been concerned about her and how this has impacted her and will impact her. Every board member wishes her the best. And as I said, both her and any student or any staff member that needs some additional supports, we'll be prepared and are prepared to provide whatever we can."The father of the student at the center of the April 2 incident said on social media that Ervin should not be "anywhere near students" and called the other board members' lack of action amid the incident "equally disturbing," WJHL noted.The station added that on May 7, the student herself addressed the school board, including Ervin, and called the board members "cowards" and said Ervin's actions were "not only unwelcome, but sexist and derogatory."Boyd added to WJHL that the board has no authority to take action or discipline an individual board member beyond what already has been done — and that Ervin, an elected official, cannot be dismissed.Boyd also told the station that "certainly in any situation, you always reflect, you certainly consider what you could have done differently during the moment, but you also focus on what can you do now. And I know every board member has been in the process of reflecting and acting on how they need to improve our board meetings, what their responsibility is, and also what my role will be and how I can support that."He added to WJHL that as "a father of girls and as a superintendent and a lifelong educator, this is a situation none of us anticipated; the student definitely didn't anticipate that she would be in that kind of situation in a formal board meeting and honestly, nobody else did, either. So we're taking measures to be preventative in the future, including ensuring that our board members always maintain a certain level of professionalism."The station said it has reached out to Ervin for a response.Like Blaze News? Bypass the censors, sign up for our newsletters, and get stories like this direct to your inbox. Sign up here!
Senate Republicans break with Trump over his $1.8 billion anti-weaponization fund, raising concerns about who gets the money and where it comes from.
Senate Republicans scrapped their remaining votes for the week and won't reconvene until June after tensions exploded over the Justice Department's $1.776 billion "weaponization" fund.
Republicans had planned to try to pass a major funding bill for Immigration and Customs Enforcement by the end of the week but plans collapsed over unrelated policy disagreements.
The owner of a day care targeted in a viral Nick Shirley exposé has been charged six months later with millions of dollars of fraud related to allegedly false reimbursements from the government.Fahima Egeh Mahamud, the CEO of the Future Leaders Early Learning day care in Minneapolis, allegedly claimed to have provided thousands of meals at her center and defrauded the government.The day care closed in January, according to state records reviewed by KMSP-TV after the exposé went viral in December.Mahamud had signed up her day care for a federal child nutrition program through Feeding Our Future, which has since been identified as a source of massive fraud. She also claimed to have provided day care for low-income families through the Child Care Assistance Program.Prosecutors said she received $4.6 million from the child care program and another $850,000 from the nutrition program. She allegedly submitted over 13,000 fraudulent claims to CCAP from October 2022 until December 2025.The day care closed in January, according to state records reviewed by KMSP-TV after the exposé went viral in December.Mahamud was previously charged for the nutrition fraud but was charged on Wednesday for the day care fraud.The day care was also inspected in November and found not to be "operating within the terms of its license." It was cited for cleanliness and disrepair issues.She is being charged with wire fraud and conspiracy to defraud the United States.RELATED: Top scammer of 'Feeding Our Future' fraud in Minnesota NAILED with painful sentence On Thursday, the top schemer in the Feeding Our Future scam was also sentenced to nearly 42 years in prison for orchestrating the massive fraud scheme. "This was a vortex of fraud, and you were at the epicenter," said U.S. District Judge Nancy Brasel to Aimee Bock after her sentencing. Like Blaze News? Bypass the censors, sign up for our newsletters, and get stories like this direct to your inbox. Sign up here!