President Donald Trump said on Wednesday he “may release” his current tax returns to the public after the IRS reached a settlement over a leak of his past tax records. The leaked returns from Trump’s first term “showed I pay a lot of tax,” he told the Washington Examiner. “I may even release my current […]
Welcome to The California Post's Pirate Wires column. This week we've Spencer Pratt in trouble with housing activists, the AI wealth shock in San Francisco — and of course, In-N-Out.
President Donald Trump has concocted a “fantasy world” where prices were low in the months before he began his Iran war, says CNN fact-checker Daniel Dale. Prices are up and Americans are “unhappy.”“When he’s been asked about the inflation or the unhappiness, Trump has repeatedly responded with lies — fictional stories about how low prices supposedly were before the war,” Dale reports.He suggests that — unlike the president — consumers have a good memory of what prices were like in the days before the Iran war.“But the president has concocted a fantasy — of sub-$2 gas, sub-2 percent inflation, and generally reduced prices — that bears little resemblance to the actual state of the country prior to the first strikes against Iran on February 28,” Dale writes.For instance, on Tuesday at the White House congressional picnic, Trump told attendees that “inflation was at 1.6 percent for the last three months just prior to the war.” Last week, he had said it was 1.7 percent.“Neither number is accurate,” Dale notes.“The year-over-year increase in the Consumer Price Index was 2.7 percent in November 2025, 2.7 percent in December 2025 and 2.4 percent in January 2026,” he writes. “The inflation rate was 2.4 percent again in February 2026, for which nearly all the data was collected before the war began on the last day of the month.”In March, it jumped to 3.3 percent and last month, 3.8 percent.“We inherited high prices and we got the prices down, and we got them down to numbers that in some cases people have not seen before,” Trump said at Tuesday’s picnic.“You know, when they talk about high prices, I inherited the high prices,” he told Fox News last week. “I’m getting them down; I’ve got them down incredibly.”Dale explains that while some prices may have gone down, “the president keeps talking as if overall prices were down before the war — or even are down overall today — and that is clearly not true.”Trump continued the fantasy with gas prices.“We had numbers that nobody’s seen in a long time. So you had $2 a gallon,” he told reporters on May 7. “We were down — I think you were $1.85, $1.90 in Iowa, and a lot of other places.”Dale hit Trump with a fact-check: “Nope.”The day before the Iran war began, the national average price of gas was $2.98 a gallon, according to AAA.“As for Iowa? Its average price for regular gas on both February 27 and February 28 was $2.64 per gallon, according to AAA,” Dale said.Now?According to AAA, the national average price of gas for Wednesday is $4.56.
President Donald Trump told reporters Wednesday that the United States is “freeing up Cuba,” but indicated that he does not believe it will require a military intervention. Earlier in the day, Attorney General Todd Blanche announced an indictment of former first secretary Raul Castro, the brother of former Cuban leader Fidel Castro, in relation to […]
EXCLUSIVE — White House border czar Tom Homan is the leading deportations official in the Trump administration and sat down with the Washington Examiner on the White House campus this week to discuss a slew of related issues, including which illegal immigrants are being targeted for arrest, going after sanctuary cities, Democrats’ role in the partial […]
Texas is absolutely in play,” CNN analyst Harry Enten says. He wants to put to rest the idea that Democrats can’t win Texas.“Republican senators are running scared,” following President Donald Trump’s endorsement of Texas MAGA Attorney General Ken Paxton over mainstream Republican U.S. Senator John Cornyn. It appears Paxton is now favored to win the nomination for Cornyn’s seat.A Paxton primary win, Enten says, could land Texas Democratic state Representative James Talarico in the U.S. Senate seat.“James Talarico could very well win in Texas,” Enten says, noting that the scenario is now very different from 2018, when Democrat Beto O’Rourke tried to unseat Republican Senator Ted Cruz.Enten also notes that “the numbers, at this point, absolutely support the conclusion that James Talarico can win.”Cruz was up by seven points in the polls in May of 2018. Paxton now is down by seven points.“Ted Cruz was actually decently popular, but Ken Paxton is anything but — in poll after poll after poll, he is underwater.”Cruz “was clearly ahead. But look at the polling average now when you match up Ken Paxton versus James Talarico — it’s actually Talarico that’s ahead by four points.”Enten notes that “Talarico is polling better than any Democrat in at least 24 years. You have to go all the way back to 2002 to find a Democrat, even polling anywhere close to where Talarico is polling right now.”Texas Democrats have “dreamt” about turning the Lone Star State blue, and this time, “the numbers actually support the idea that they may actually be able to do it.”The other part of the equation, Enten notes, is that in 2018 Trump was up by four points in Texas polling. Now, he is down by three.“Trump is considerably less popular in Texas, which, of course, matches what we’re seeing nationally, which is that Donald Trump is less popular now than he was at this point in term one,” Enten said. “You put it all together, you look at the general election pulse. You look at the popularity of the potential Republican candidates.”“Talarico winning in Texas is no fantasy,” Enten added on social media. “The GOP is right to be scared.”
President Trump on Wednesday commemorated Cuban Independence Day while also slamming the island country’s regime, the same day his administration indicted former President Raúl Castro on murder charges. Trump likened Cuba’s “founding generation” that rose up against Spain to the “American patriots who cast off tyrannical rule 250 years ago.” “The regime in Havana today…
The secretary of state is the son of immigrants who left Cuba before the Castro revolution to look for economic opportunities. Yet, he pursues change with the zeal of a political exile.
Gov. Kim Reynolds (R-IA) signed a sweeping piece of health and nutrition policy legislation on Wednesday, seen as valuable to the Make America Healthy Again movement. The legislation, passed by both chambers of the state legislature last month, delivers on issues important to federal Health and Human Services Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr., including improving […]
The race to succeed Sen. Tommy Tuberville (R-AL) won’t be settled for another month after Republicans failed to coalesce around a candidate in Tuesday’s Senate primary in Alabama. Rep. Barry Moore (R-AL), backed by President Donald Trump, and ex-Navy SEAL Jared Hudson will advance to a June 16 runoff after failing to clinch an outright […]
NBC News' Kelly O'Donnell discusses how the evidence in the indictment of former Cuban leader Raúl Castro compares to the ones brought against Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro.
Acting Attorney General Todd Blanche said that an arrest warrant has been issued for former Cuban leader Raúl Castro over a 1996 incident in which Cuban jets shot down two civilian planes, killing four Cuban Americans. NBC News’ Gabe Gutierrez reports on how Blanche responded to questions over how Castro is expected to stand trial in the U.S.
A Republican fired off a strong criticism of President Donald Trump's $1.8 billion taxpayer-funded anti-weaponization fund, saying he and other lawmakers have plans to fight back against it.In an interview with MeidasTouch chief Washington correspondent Scott MacFarlane on Capitol Hill on Wednesday, Rep. Brian Fitzpatrick (R-PA) said legislative action would be underway after Trump's Department of Justice this week announced the fund, which was created by part of a settlement of Trump's $10 billion lawsuit against the IRS."Bad news. We’re gonna kill try to kill it," Fitzpatrick said."We're considering legislative options, we're going to write a letter to the AG to start. But we're considering a legislative option," Fitzpatrick said, explaining that congressional leaders were preparing the fight against it and looking into the legal options.He also said he had never heard of any Americans proclaiming they were no longer subject to audits by the IRS, which was what Trump had declared on Tuesday in a new order."You can't do that," he added.This doesn’t bode well for Trump’s $1.7 billion fund for convicted crooks and rioters:Rep Brian Fitzpatrick (R-PA): “we’re gonna kill it” pic.twitter.com/usZ4bNBeOM— Scott MacFarlane (@MacFarlaneNews) May 20, 2026
Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton (R) announced a settlement with a grocery store chain to ban synthetic pesticides from being sprayed on organic produce. Paxton touted the victory as a win for the Trump administration’s “Make America Healthy Again” movement, spearheaded by Health and Human Services Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr., which strongly opposes pesticides […]
In the face of a surge of antisemitism in New York City, Mayor Zohran Mamdani has made the controversial decision to skip attending the annual Israel Day […]
The 94-year-old former leader of Cuba faces several charges, including four counts of murder for an attack on a humanitarian group more than 30 years ago.
LA Mayor Karen Bass has made the best case for why Spencer Pratt must replace her after she got confronted by an actual reporter with a question over a major broken promise she made to voters.
The post WATCH: Humiliation Ensues for Failed LA Mayor Karen Bass After She’s Confronted with a Brutal Question Regarding City’s Homelessness Crisis appeared first on The Gateway Pundit.
The U.S. Department of Justice says Cuban ex-dictator Raul Castro has been indicted on charges related to the shooting down of two planes in international waters.Castro, 94, ruled over the communist government in the island nation until 2018 after his brother, revolutionary icon Fidel Castro, passed over control in 2008 over his health issues. Fidel Castro died in 2016 at the age of 90.'If you kill Americans, we will pursue you. No matter who you are. No matter what title you hold.'In an indictment unsealed Wednesday, the U.S. government charged that the surviving Castro should be held criminally responsible for the deaths of American citizens.On Feb. 24, 1996, the Cuban government fired upon and shot down two unarmed U.S. civilian aircraft, killing four Americans who were on a rescue mission, according to the indictment."For the first time in nearly 70 years, senior leadership of the Cuban regime has been charged in the United States for alleged acts of violence resulting in the deaths of American citizens," reads a statement from acting Attorney General Todd Blanche."President Trump and this Justice Department are committed to restoring a simple principle: if you kill Americans, we will pursue you. No matter who you are. No matter what title you hold."The four Americans were working with Hermanos al Rescate, or Brothers to the Rescue, a humanitarian operation that sought to aid Cubans trying to flee the communist regime.The DOJ alleges that the organization was infiltrated by communist agents who provided information to the Cuban military in order to plan the attack on the planes.The indictment alleges charges of conspiracy to kill U.S. nationals, two counts of destruction of aircraft, and four counts of murder.In addition to Castro, the indictment also names five other Cuban officials who are allegedly partly responsible for killing the Americans.RELATED: 'I can do anything I want with it': Trump confirms he's eying another country for the 'taking' The U.S. nationals killed in the operation were Carlos Costa, Armando Alejandre Jr., Mario de la Peña, and Pablo Morales."For 30 years these families have waited for answers — and this FBI never forgot," FBI Director Kash Patel said. "We will continue working with our Justice Department partners to bring to justice those who attacked our civilians."The defendants face a maximum penalty of death or life imprisonment on the murder and conspiracy charges if convicted, the DOJ said.In response to the indictment, current Cuban President Miguel Díaz-Canel Bermúdez claimed in Spanish: "On February 24, 1996, Cuba acted in legitimate self-defense within its jurisdictional waters, following repeated and dangerous violations of our airspace by notorious terrorists — a fact of which the U.S. administration at the time was alerted on more than a dozen occasions, yet it ignored the warnings and allowed those violations to continue."Whether Castro and the other defendants will be extradited to the United States to face the charges is unclear. Blanche said of Castro: "There was a warrant issued for his arrest. So we expect that he will show up here, by his own will or by another way."Like Blaze News? Bypass the censors, sign up for our newsletters, and get stories like this direct to your inbox. Sign up here!