Judge drops human smuggling case against Kilmar Abrego Garcia
U.S. District Judge Waverly Crenshaw, ruling from Nashville, granted Abrego Garcia’s motion to dismiss for “selective or vindictive prosecution.”

A federal judge on Friday dismissed the criminal indictment against MS-13 gang member Kilmar Abrego Garcia. The post BREAKING: Obama Judge Dismisses Criminal Case Against MS-13 Gang Member Kilmar Abrego Garcia appeared first on The Gateway Pundit.
U.S. District Judge Waverly Crenshaw, ruling from Nashville, granted Abrego Garcia’s motion to dismiss for “selective or vindictive prosecution.”
A senator dismissed a Department of Justice prosecutor who led a botched case against six protesters and is now being accused of misconduct, according to new reports. Sheri Mecklenburg is a 20-year veteran DOJ prosecutor, according to Talking Points Memo reporter Josh Marshall. She led the case against the "Broadview Six," a group of protesters who were federally charged after demonstrating in front of an Immigration and Customs Enforcement detention facility in Illinois last year. In February, Mecklenburg suddenly withdrew from the case and took on a temporary assignment with the criminal justice team for Senate Judiciary Committee Democrats, according to reporting by NOTUS. "She made no mention that she'd be leaving in a court hearing earlier in Feb. There was really no explanation for the suddenness of the move. Or at least the lack of heads up," Marshall explained in a post on Bluesky. "At the time I figured since the case seemed like such a loser maybe she just wanted out." Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL) announced on Friday that Mecklenburg was dismissed from that role, according to NOTUS and Talking Points Memo. The decision comes on the heels of courtroom drama related to the Broadview Six case. On Thursday, Judge April Perry ordered DOJ prosecutors to appear in court to explain what she believed was misconduct in how they sought an indictment from a grand jury, and the case came to a swift and sudden end shortly after when a U.S. Attorney dropped all charges days before a trial was set to begin.Perry said she had "never seen the types of prosecutorial behavior" that were on display by DOJ prosecutors, including Mecklenburg, before a grand jury in 2025. According to Marshall's Thursday post on Bluesky, "if you look at the hearing transcript today most or all the alleged misconduct was hers."
Judge said Trump administration would not have prosecuted Ábrego García had he not challenged his high-profile deportationSign up for the Breaking News US newsletter emailA US judge dismissed a criminal indictment against Kilmar Ábrego García on Friday, finding that the Trump administration would not have prosecuted him had he not challenged his high-profile deportation.Ábrego García, who had entered the United States without authorization in the past, became a symbol of the Trump administration’s drive for mass deportations when he was sent to the notorious anti-terrorism mega-prison in El Salvador known as Cecot last March. This was despite a prior court order barring him from being returned there because of a risk of persecution. Continue reading...
Charges have been dropped against four anti-ICE protesters in Chicago after the US attorney abruptly dismissed the criminal case. “US Attorney Andrew Boutros announced his office was […]
Sarah Kellen, 46, Jeffrey Epstein's longtime personal assistant, testified before the House Oversight Committee on Thursday, saying she was repeatedly raped and abused by Epstein. She also provided lawmakers with names of three previously unknown alleged offenders. Committee Chairman James Comer (R-KY) described her testimony as "by far the most substantive and productive interview," after the closed-door hearing took place, according to Capitol Hill correspondent Joe Khalil. Despite being designated a "potential co-conspirator" in Epstein's 2007 non-prosecution agreement, according to MS NOW, Kellen has consistently stepped forward as a victim. At Thursday's hearing, Kellen disputed her co-conspirator designation, explaining that law enforcement never interviewed her or heard her account, reports CNN's White House Correspondent MJ Lee. In her opening statement, Kellen described her abuse as occurring and violent. It also contained detailed graphic incidents of assault and rape, according to Lee. Kellen explained her prolonged stay with Epstein, "I had nowhere else to go," adding, "I had no money, no family, no education, and no sense that I deserved any better." The three names Kellen shared remain undisclosed.Watch the video below. Your browser does not support the video tag.
Tulsi Gabbard is resigning as the Director of National Intelligence, according to Fox News. The post BREAKING: Tulsi Gabbard Resigning as Director of National Intelligence appeared first on The Gateway Pundit.
President Donald Trump has reached a new “all-time low” among Republican voters on several key issues according to the latest Fox News poll — and a growing number of Senate GOP lawmakers have reached what Punchbowl News described on Friday as a “Trump breaking point.”“Eventually, Senate Republicans were going to prioritize their own political survival over President Donald Trump’s wants and needs. They have. But it just might be too late,” reads Punchbowl News’ morning newsletter published on Friday.“Many Republicans fear Trump is determined to bring them down with him – along with their shared legislative agenda.”Despite a recent GOP gerrymandering blitz that has reshaped congressional districts in the American South, Republicans still face an increasingly dire midterm outlook, with Democrats not only projected to take back control of the House, but potentially the Senate — something once thought impossible.And, as Trump’s favorability continues to plummet among Americans — including with key voter groups and on issues that helped propel him back into the White House in 2024 — Senate Republican leaders are growing increasingly concerned that the president may drag them down with him.“Senate Republican leaders are now coming to grips with the reality that advancing Trump’s priorities may be in conflict with their efforts to retain the majority,” Punchbowl News reported. “Plus, Trump’s recent successes in ousting GOP incumbents have made it even harder for Republicans to steer him away from ideas they see as so obviously harmful to their chances.”One Republican senator, speaking with Punchbowl News on the condition of anonymity, shared a particularly grim assessment.“Our majority is melting down before our eyes,” they told the outlet.
The Justice Department announced on Thursday the onboarding of over 80 new immigration judges, the largest addition in agency history. The post Trump Admin Moves to Supercharge Deportations with Unprecedented Immigration Judge Addition appeared first on The Gateway Pundit.