Top Republican warns Trump against making a deal with Iran: 'Finish the job'
Sen. Roger Wicker publicly warns Trump against pursuing a weak Iran deal, urging the president to continue military pressure on Tehran's regime.

The US president said he doesn’t ‘want to do anything to get in the way’ of tech firms competing with ChinaHouse Republicans canceled a scheduled Thursday vote on a war powers resolution aimed at ending the US war with Iran, a measure that likely would have advanced had the vote been held.Donald Trump has announced he will deploy an “additional” 5,000 US troops to Poland, just days after the Pentagon controversially halted a long-planned deployment of forces to the country – the largest on Nato’s eastern flank.Nato’s secretary general Mark Rutte struck somewhat more cautious note, saying the bloc’s trajectory was one that was prioritising a stronger Europe, “less reliant on the US”.On Thursday, the US president admitted that he might skip Donald Trump Jr’s wedding, reportedly taking place in the Bahamas over the upcoming Memorial Day weekend, citing that he has “this thing called Iran”.US arms sales to Taiwan have been “paused” to ensure the US military has enough munitions for its Iran operations, according to Washington’s acting navy secretary.The US president, Donald Trump, and the secretary of state, Marco Rubio, on Thursday again raised the spectre of military intervention in Cuba, a day after the administration announced criminal charges against Raúl Castro, the island’s former leader.The US president Donald Trump postponed signing an executive order on AI because he did not like certain aspects of it and did not want to take any steps that might undermine the US position in its AI competition with China. Continue reading...
Sen. Roger Wicker publicly warns Trump against pursuing a weak Iran deal, urging the president to continue military pressure on Tehran's regime.
As Trump's iron grip on the Republican Party crumbles in real time, the President struck a defiant tone in a statement Friday morning.
This raises questions about the US relationship with Israel as well as the US’s use of weapons throughout the war.
The horrified wife of a Navy veteran who allegedly viciously beat an elderly Trump superfan described his dark and violent past.
Trump's actions produce some short-run gains for his personalist brand of politics, but as the fall election approaches, they portend a divided and disabled Republican Party against energized and progressive Democrats.
Sarah Kellen, the former personal assistant to Jeffrey Epstein who told Congress Thursday she was repeatedly raped and abused by the convicted sex trafficker, has named three of his alleged accomplices — and the identities have sent shockwaves through political and celebrity circles.According to Tara Palmeri's The Red Letter, Kellen identified celebrity hairstylist Frederic Fekkai, former Miami Beach Mayor Philip Levine, and the late fashion photographer Patrick Demarchelier during her closed-door, transcribed interview with the House Oversight Committee. The Miami Herald's Julie K. Brown — the journalist whose reporting helped bring down Epstein — independently confirmed that Kellen accused Levine of sexually assaulting her.Levine, a Democrat who ran for Florida governor in 2018, has previously denied having any meaningful relationship with Epstein. But DOJ files tell a different story — emails show him referring to the disgraced financier as "a great guy" and signing off as "Your friend, Philip" even after Epstein's 2008 conviction for soliciting prostitution from a minor. Ghislaine Maxwell, in a DOJ interview, called Levine her "very good friend." Levine has not responded to the new allegations.Fekkai's ex-wife, Elizabeth, pushed back on the claims. "There's no f------ way," she told Palmeri. "He's a lot of things, but he's not abusive." Epstein victim Johanna Sjoberg, however, testified in 2024 that she overheard Epstein ask Fekkai if he could "find some girls for him." Fekkai has not commented directly.Demarchelier, who died in 2022, was a fixture on Epstein's Lolita Express flight logs and was accused by multiple models and former assistants of pervasive sexual harassment during his lifetime.The disclosure marks a significant milestone in a survivor-led push that has been building for months. Last September, a group of Epstein survivors gathered on Capitol Hill and announced they were compiling their own list of abusers after growing frustrated with the government's failure to act. "We know the names. Many of us were abused by them," one survivor said at the time. "Now together as survivors, we will confidentially compile the names who were regularly in the Epstein world." Kellen's testimony appears to be on the list arriving on Capitol Hill.Committee Chairman Rep. James Comer (R-KY) confirmed Thursday that the three names Kellen provided were ones investigators "hadn't heard before," calling her testimony "by far the most substantive and productive interview" the committee has conducted. He promised to release the transcript as quickly as possible.The committee has not officially released the three names. No charges have been filed against any of the men named.
In a major loss for the country, Director of National Intelligence (DNI) Tulsi Gabbard announced Friday her plans to resign from her post at the end of June. The former congresswoman cited her husband’s recent diagnosis of an “extremely rare form of bone cancer” as the reason for her departure. “Abraham has been my rock […]
Tulsi Gabbard, President Trump's director of national intelligence, announced Friday she is leaving the administration.Driving the news: Gabbard wrote in her resignation letter that her departure is related to her husband's diagnosis with an "extremely rare form of bone cancer.""At this time, I must step away from public service to be by his side and fully support him through this battle," she wrote. "Abraham has been my rock throughout our eleven years of marriage — standing steadfast through my deployment to East Africa on a Joint Special Operations mission, multiple political campaigns, and now my service in this role."Gabbard's resignation will go into effect on June 30. Between the lines: As a former Democrat and anti-interventionist in a wartime Republican administration, Gabbard had difficulty fitting into the administration and running the Office of the Director of National Intelligence.Last month, Gabbard narrowly survived getting fired by Trump, who was persuaded to hold off by their mutual friend, Roger Stone, a longtime outside adviser to the president.Another Trump confidante, Laura Loomer, was a frequent critic of Gabbard's. Loomer was first to report Gabbard's resignation.The intrigue: Gabbard's ODNI has also been locked in a behind-the-scenes feud with the CIA for months that became public last week during a Senate Homeland Security Committee hearing.A CIA insider who was part of Gabbard's special Directors Initiative Group testified that his agency had obstructed ODNI's efforts to uncover more information about the JFK files, COVID's origins and what are called "Anomalous Health Incidents" commonly referred to as Havana Syndrome.A CIA spokesperson disputed the testimony and said the agency has not impeded ODNI in any way.Trump's decision to strike Iran had put Gabbard's anti-interventionist past — and strong opposition to a war, on a collision course with the administration's wartime cheerleading.Last summer, Trump publicly dismissed Gabbard's prior testimony that Iran was not building a nuclear weapon and had not re-authorized its nuclear program, though she argued there was no daylight between her and the president.When asked about that assessment in June, Trump responded, "Then my intelligence community was wrong." When told it was Gabbard who had said that, he responded, "She's wrong."Zoom out: Gabbard's exit follows that of her former top aide, ex-National Counterterrorism Center Director Joe Kent, who left the administration roughly two months ago with a fiery resignation letter.Kent, a former GOP House candidate, argued in his letter that Trump launched the Iran war under pressure from Israel despite Tehran posing "no imminent threat" to the U.S.In response, Gabbard said the president concluded "the terrorist Islamist regime in Iran posed an imminent threat" without mentioning Kent.When asked in March whether Iran posed an imminent threat, Gabbard deferred to Trump, telling lawmakers that "the only person who can determine what is and is not an imminent threat is the president."Go deeper: Tulsi Gabbard says she is leaving the Democratic PartyEditor's note: This story has been updated with additional context throughout.