Wife of ‘nerdy gamer’ accused of beating ‘Trump House’ owner to brink of death reveals violent past
The horrified wife of a Navy veteran who allegedly viciously beat an elderly Trump superfan described his dark and violent past.

House GOP leadership pulled a scheduled vote Thursday to rein in President Trump's military campaign in Iran after it became clear they did not have the votes to defeat it. Why it matters: It would have been Congress' first successful rebuke of Trump's Iran war effort after multiple Democratic-led war powers attempts had failed.Rep. Jared Golden (D-Maine), the one Democrat who has consistently voted against Iran war powers resolutions, was planning to flip his vote to yes. Four Republicans, Reps. Brian Fitzpatrick (R-Pa.), Thomas Massie (R-Ky.), Warren Davidson and Tom Barrett (R-Mich.) have voted in support of the measure previously. The vote is largely symbolic, as Trump can veto the measure.Driving the news: GOP leaders plan to bring the measure back up when the chamber returns from its week-long Memorial Day recess.Leaders held open a measure to establish a women's museum for 45 minutes as they tried to whip against the war powers resolution. Democrats were infuriated at the move, with House Rules Committee ranking member Jim McGovern (D-Mass.) getting shouted down by the presiding officer as he attempted to question the move."We've gone from losing by one to tying last week to this chicken s*** retreat they did tonight," Rep. Jared Huffman (D-Calif.) told Axios.Between the lines: GOP absences would have allowed the measure to pass Thursday.Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) can afford only a handful of defections on party-line votes when the House is at full attendance.Catch up quick: Previous efforts to constrain Trump's war powers on Iran repeatedly fell short.The House was expected to vote on the resolution Wednesday, but GOP leaders delayed the measure amid attendance concerns within their conference.Democrats' most recent attempt failed last week in a stunning 212-212 tie vote.Golden voted against that earlier resolution, while Massie, Fitzpatrick and Barrett supported it. Several lawmakers were absent.Zoom in: Trump turned his fire on Rep. Brian Fitzpatrick (R-Pa.) on Wednesday, telling reporters: "He likes voting against Trump. You know what happens with that? It doesn't work out well."Fitzpatrick told Axios on Wednesday that he still intended to vote for the measure despite the president's threats. "We don't report to any party or any person here in D.C.," he said. The big picture: Republicans have largely backed Trump's military campaign, but unease within the GOP has grown as the conflict has dragged on without congressional authorization.Some Republicans have pointed to the War Powers Act's 60-day deadline, that has passed, requiring U.S. forces to withdraw absent congressional approval as a turning point.The White House argues that requirement no longer applies because of the ceasefire with Iran.
The horrified wife of a Navy veteran who allegedly viciously beat an elderly Trump superfan described his dark and violent past.
Commerce Secretary Howard Lutnick dropped $5 million on the main House Republican super PAC just four weeks after lawmakers arranged to interview him about his ties to convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein — making him the first Trump cabinet official to make a seven-figure disclosed federal donation since being confirmed.The April 1 donation went to the Congressional Leadership Fund, the super PAC backing Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA) and House Republican incumbents — including those who sit on the very committee scrutinizing Lutnick. The closed-door interview with the House Oversight Committee took place on May 6 and lasted more than four hours.Lutnick's Epstein entanglement has dogged him since January, when the DOJ released millions of documents tied to the late financier. His name appeared in more than 250 of those files. The Times found he had traveled to Epstein's private Caribbean island in 2012, years after he claimed to have cut contact with Epstein following a 2005 encounter in which Epstein made suggestive comments about a massage table.In the closed-door interview, Lutnick downplayed his interactions with Epstein as "virtually nonexistent," telling investigators the three encounters he acknowledged "do not constitute a relationship." Committee Democrats called the testimony evasive. Victims' attorney James Marsh said the hearing "does not provide any real substance" for identifying alleged perpetrators of Epstein's network.A Commerce Department spokeswoman said Lutnick "made a political donation in his personal capacity, just as many Cabinet Secretaries from both parties have done in the past."The super PAC declined to comment.
Tulsi Gabbard is resigning from her position as director of national intelligence.Gabbard notified the president of her forthcoming departure during a Cabinet meeting at the Oval Office Friday. Her last day is expected to be June 30.She is reportedly departing Trump’s Cabinet to assist her husband, Abraham Williams, as he battles cancer, Fox News Digital reported.“Unfortunately, I must submit my resignation, effective June 30, 2026,” Gabbard wrote in her resignation letter, obtained first by Fox. “My husband, Abraham, has recently been diagnosed with an extremely rare form of bone cancer.”Gabbard said that her husband “faces major challenges in the coming weeks and months.”“At this time, I must step away from public service to be by his side and fully support him through this battle,” she wrote.Gabbard and her husband first met in Hawaii while he volunteered for her 2012 Democratic congressional campaign. They have been married for 11 years.“His strength and love have sustained me through every challenge,” she continued. “I cannot in good conscience ask him to face this fight alone while I continue in this demanding and time-consuming position.”It is not immediately clear who will replace Gabbard.Her exit has curious timing. Despite being appointed to run America’s national intelligence operation, Gabbard has spent the last several months largely sidelined from the Trump admin’s national security operations. She was noticeably absent during decisions surrounding the White House’s attack on Venezuela, as well as the ongoing war with Iran.Gabbard’s opinion on such matters frequently differed from Trump’s talking points: she has argued that the U.S. had different objectives in the war than Israel, and claimed that Tehran had not actually attempted to rebuild its nuclear program after the U.S. military attacked three of its key nuclear sites last June. Gabbard blatantly irritated Trump earlier this year when she opted to shield a former deputy who openly disagreed with the war.Regardless of the broad purview of her office, Gabbard had recently been relegated to pursuing claims of 2020 election fraud. In January, Gabbard was caught on camera overseeing FBI agents as they packed up the Fulton County, Georgia, election office and walked out with ballots from the 2020 presidential election, despite the fact that she is prohibited from taking part in domestic law enforcement operations. Gabbard told Democratic lawmakers in February that Donald Trump himself had asked her to be there—but he did not stick by her side. Instead, Trump blamed Gabbard’s participation on ex-Attorney General Pam Bondi. Now, both women are gone from his administration.Four people have exited Trump’s Cabinet since he returned to office last year—all of them women. They include Gabbard, Bondi, ex-DHS chief Kristi Noem, and former Labor Secretary Lori Chavez-DeRemer.This story has been updated.
Gabbard is the fourth cabinet member to leave under Trump's second term
Director of National Intelligence Tulsi Gabbard resigned Friday, citing her husband’s battle with a rare form of bone cancer. “My husband, Abraham, has recently been diagnosed with an extremely rare form of bone cancer. He faces major challenges in the coming weeks and months. At this time, I must step away from public service to…
Director of National Intelligence Tulsi Gabbard, whose anti-war views spurred tension with the White House, said she was resigning from the post to help her husband confront a bone-cancer diagnosis.
Critics were left dumbstruck on Friday after President Donald Trump characterized a taxpayer-funded settlement he reached as an act of selflessness, a remark that some noted had also severely undercut his own past remarks.On his social media platform Truth Social, Trump complained Friday morning that he “gave up a lot of money” after agreeing to drop his $10 billion lawsuit against the Internal Revenue Service in exchange for a nearly $1.8 billion settlement, with the funds earmarked for payouts to those who allege to have been unfairly targeted by the Biden administration’s Justice Department.Trump said that in lieu of a personal payout that could have been an “absolute fortune,” he instead opted to “help others” who were “badly abused by an evil, corrupt and weaponized Biden administration.” His remarks also come after he previously claimed to not be “involved” in the creation of the fund.Trump’s framing of securing a nearly $1.8 billion payout from taxpayers to potentially secure payments for the president’s donors or violent Jan. 6 Capitol rioters, critics argued, was stunning.“Not content to just rip us all off, he expects praise for it,” noted author Jennifer Erin Valent in a social media post on X.Others, like podcast host “Hal for NY,” whose videos on YouTube have amassed more than 71 million views, pointed to what appeared to be a glaring contradiction Trump made in his remarks.“Funny, because he told us he had nothing to do with it. Now he wants a thank you?” they wrote in a social media post on X to their nearly 18,000 followers.And Joanne Carducci, a prominent Democratic political commentator, wrote to her more than 1 million followers on X: “I thought he said he had nothing to do with the slush fund?”I thought he said he had nothing to do with the slush fund? 🧐— Jo (@JoJoFromJerz) May 22, 2026
'Abraham has been my rock throughout our eleven years of marriage — standing steadfast'