Trump admin tightens on applying for green cards inside the US
The U.S. has long let immigrants apply for green cards without leaving. That's about to change, according to a new memo released by USCIS.

Donald Trump just illustrated exactly how close he is with his children.The president told reporters at the White House Thursday that he will likely miss his son Don Jr.’s wedding this weekend, citing national security concerns related to the war with Iran. But his explanation suddenly veered into the absurd when he referred to his 48-year-old offspring as someone he’s “known for a long time.”“He’d like me to go,” Trump said. “It’s gonna be just a small, little, private affair. I’m gonna try and make it, I’m in the midst—I said, ‘You know, this is not good timing for me. I have a thing called Iran and other things.’” Trump then went on to blame the “fake news” for his impending decision, claiming that he would be raked over the coals by the press whether or not he attended. “That’s one I can’t win on,” Trump said.But Trump has found plenty of time for other nonwork activities. Since returning to office, he has hit the links at least 106 times, spending more than a fifth of his term—about 21.95 percent—golfing, putting him on pace to exceed the 307 days he spent golfing over the course of his first term. That begs the question: Does his son’s wedding rank lower in his priorities than teeing up?“He’s uh—he’s been a very, a person I’ve known for a long time,” Trump concluded on the topic of his first child. “Hopefully they’re gonna have a great marriage.”Reporter: Are you attending your son’s wedding?Trump: He’d like me to go. I’m going to try. I said, this is not good timing for me. I have a thing called Iran and other things. He’s a person I’ve known for a long time. pic.twitter.com/lGdjvU7oD0— Acyn (@Acyn) May 21, 2026Don Jr. and Bettina Anderson, a Palm Beach socialite, are expected to wed over Memorial Day weekend at a private ceremony in the Bahamas. The couple had, at one point earlier in the planning process, reportedly considered getting married at the White House—though those plans were scrapped due to the optics of a “lavish” wedding during wartime.“They’re very aware that a lavish wedding at the White House while people are dying wouldn’t be well-received,” an insider told Page Six.It will be Don Jr.’s second marriage, after his 13-year union to Vanessa Trump ended in 2018. The two share five children together and are said to be friendly toward one another (Vanessa’s health also clouds the happy couple’s weekend: She announced on Wednesday that she was diagnosed with breast cancer).The eldest Trump child was previously engaged to former Trump adviser Kimberly Guilfoyle, though their four-year engagement was called off after Don Jr. was photographed getting cozy with Anderson. Guilfoyle is now the U.S. ambassador to Greece.
The U.S. has long let immigrants apply for green cards without leaving. That's about to change, according to a new memo released by USCIS.
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis appeared to run away Friday when reporters asked about President Donald Trump's $1.776 billion "Anti-Weaponization Fund." DeSantis broke into a sprint up stairs to exit onto the street. The fund in question was created as a settlement for Trump's $10 billion IRS lawsuit, despite the constitutional irregularity of Trump suing an agency he controls. Since its announcement, Jan. 6 rioters have expressed interest in applying for compensation, prompting criticism from Republican lawmakers on Capitol Hill. Some GOP senators have proposed reconciliation bill provisions to limit fund eligibility. DeSantis's escape was captured on video and widely mocked on social media. Former Florida Agriculture Secretary Nikki Fried wrote on X, "He LITERALLY can't run faster away." Florida Politics editor Peter Schorsch joked about DeSantis struggling on the stairs on X. Economist Anders Åslund wrote on X, "To be a Trump loyalist is to be a coward & refuse to tell the truth or stick to the rule of law."Watch the video below. Your browser does not support the video tag.
President Donald Trump posted an AI-generated video of himself throwing former late-night show host Stephen Colbert in a dumpster, following the end of his show. On Friday, the day after Colbert signed off from his last show, the president posted a video showing the departed late-night host standing for his monologue, only to be flanked […]
Jan. 6 prosecutor, Trump administration targets sue over ‘weaponization’ fund
Four of President Donald Trump's cabinet members have left his administration over the last several months — and people noticed a similar pattern on Friday. Director of National Intelligence Tulsi Gabbard was the latest to exit, citing her husband's battle with a rare bone cancer. The move comes after months of rumors that Trump wanted her gone.The internet spotted something similar to previous Trump administration officials ousted from their roles, including former Attorney General Pam Bondi, former Secretary of Labor Lori Chavez-DeRemer, and Homeland Security Secretary Kristi Noem."Four major departures from Trump's cabinet are all women," Sam Stein, managing editor of The Bulwark and MS NOW contributor, wrote on X."Four of Trump’s Cabinet officials have departed in the last 3 months and all are women: Noem, Bondi, Chavez-DeRemer and now Gabbard," Grace Panetta, politics reporter for The 19th, wrote on X."As I have said many times, they are all awful! Every one of Trump‘s cabinet members was handpicked for their loyalty, and almost all are not only unqualified, but dangerously so. Yet of the four that have been fired or pushed out so far, all four of four are women," author and activist Amy Siskind wrote on X."Donald Trump only has four women left in his Cabinet to fire..." Amee Vanderpool, lawyer and writer of the Shero Substack, wrote on X."Called it. That’s four women now," Laura Bassett, freelance journalist and former Jezebel editor-in-chief, wrote on Bluesky.
President Donald Trump's move to push out a longtime Republican ally could backfire — because he now needs his help, according to reports on Friday.Burgess Everett, Semafor congressional bureau chief, pointed out that as Tulsi Gabbard announced her resignation as director of national intelligence, it has left three openings for the Trump administration to fill all while he navigates a more tense relationship with GOP lawmakers in the economic fallout over the Iran war, the White House ballroom funding and his controversial $1.8 billion “anti-weaponization” fund."Upshot from Gabbard resigning: Trump now has three Cabinet vacancies (Labor, AG) while he's basically at war with Senate Republicans," Everett wrote in a post on X."And confirming a new DNI will require the votes of Sens. Collins and ... Cornyn in Senate Intelligence Committee, whom Trump just snubbed," Everett added.Interim leaders have been tapped to run the Labor Department and Justice Department until Trump names new nominees to the roles."Acting attorney general Todd Blanche faces a tough road to confirmation if Trump nominates him to a permanent role," according to a Semafor report."Any Gabbard replacement would have to get approval from the Senate Intelligence Committee, whose members include moderate Maine Sen. Susan Collins, who has voted against several Trump nominees and priorities, as well as Texas Sen. John Cornyn, recently snubbed by Trump in his primary. Gabbard’s successor would need both of their votes — and confirming her was a challenge to begin with at the peak of Trump’s power," Semafor reported.
Director of National Intelligence Tulsi Gabbard's resignation could have been connected to the potential legal trouble she created for President Donald Trump, according to an analyst on Friday.Legal analyst Scott MacFarlane, Chief Washington Correspondent for MeidasTouch, told MS NOW anchor Katy Tur that Gabbard's presence at the January FBI raid on the Fulton County Election Hub and Operation Center caused legal problems for the Trump administration, Mediaite reported."Not only is there concern that Tulsi Gabbard was there when the feds raided Fulton County and took their 2020 ballots — that’s complicating the effort by the [Trump] administration to fend off a legal challenge from Fulton County trying to get their ballots back. Her presence there has been a problem, potentially legally, in the dispute over those ballots," MacFarlane said.“Because she’s a political actor,” MacFarlane said. “As a national intelligence director, she’s viewed as a political actor if she’s there for what is viewed to be a politically-motivated raid. The Fulton County commissioner is arguing in court that this was a weaponized seizure of their ballots. Tulsi Gabbard being there is part of their argument, and that complicates things more. Why is the director of national intelligence playing any type of politicized role in anything domestically?”White House adviser Kurt Olsen led the raid in Fulton County. The former Trump campaign attorney was a figure in the "Stop the Steal" campaign — the MAGA effort to overturn President Joe Biden's 2020 presidential election win.Gabbard announced on Friday that she was leaving due to her husband's cancer diagnosis. However, a source familiar with her resignation told Reuters that Gabbard "had been forced out by the White House" — a different story compared to the announcement and social media reactions from Trump and other officials.
President Trump announces via Truth Social, “Principal Deputy Director of National Intelligence, Aaron Lukas, will serve as Acting Director of National Intelligence” following the departure of DNI Tulsi Gabbard on June 30, 2026. [SOURCE] Aaron Lukas will do a solid job as ‘acting’ or as fully nominated and confirmed DNI. There will likely be a […] The post President Trump Responds to DNI Gabbard Departure, “Principal Deputy Director of National Intelligence, Aaron Lukas, will serve as Acting Director of National Intelligence” appeared first on The Last Refuge.