
Trump Desperately Tries to Drum Up Support for His Slush Fund
Donald Trump just admitted that he was, actually, involved in the creation of the Justice Department’s “anti-weaponization” fund.The DOJ created a $1.8 billion slush fund for Trump’s allies earlier this week at the same time that the president opted to drop his waning $10 billion lawsuit against the Internal Revenue Service. Despite the coincidental timing, Trump told reporters Wednesday that he “wasn’t involved in the settlement.”In the few short days since its launch, the initiative has received significant blowback from the public, which is tasked with paying for the unprecedented cash stash. But mounting opposition from House and Senate Republicans forced Trump Friday to attempt to shore up legislative support. In a post on Truth Social, Trump put his foot down on the matter, claiming that he had given up “a lot of money” to allow the creation of the fund—but in doing so, he also blatantly admitted that he was responsible for the whole thing.“I gave up a lot of money in allowing the just announced Anti-Weaponization Fund to go forward. I could have settled my case, including the illegal release of my Tax Returns and the equally illegal BREAK IN of Mar-a-Lago, for an absolute fortune,” Trump wrote. “Instead, I am helping others, who were so badly abused by an evil, corrupt, and weaponized Biden Administration, receive, at long last, JUSTICE! President DJT.”The honeypot payments are effectively reparations, paid for by U.S. taxpayers, to virtually any right-winger that felt targeted by the previous presidential administration.The DOJ slush fund was the result of an unprecedented deal that Trump made with himself. And the arrangement came with a curious addendum from acting Attorney General Todd Blanche, immunizing Trump from further federal prosecution. The government of the United States, Blanche wrote Tuesday, is “forever barred and precluded” from pursuing “any and all claims” against Trump, his family, or his business.Hundreds of Trump’s MAGA-aligned allies have already lined up for their slice of the pie. They include MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell and Republican lawmakers. A slew of pardoned January 6 rioters are also in the queue, including former Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio, a sex offender who bear-sprayed cops, and a convicted child molester who told his victims he would give them money from a Trump payout in exchange for their silence.Legal experts have questioned whether or not the scheme is legal at all. If the arrangement is allowed to stand, Trump will have effectively thwarted the powers of both the legislative and judicial branches, and soiled the constitutionally defined separation of power.
Compare Perspectives
Trump administration eyes Cuba as possible military victory as Iran talks stall
The Trump administration has ratcheted up its pressure campaign on Cuba, the island only 90 miles from the southern tip of Florida, as talks with Iran have still not resulted in a breakthrough. President Donald Trump has tried to squeeze the communist government for months, dating back to the military’s capture of former Venezuelan dictator […]
Trump ramps up pressure on Cuba
The United States has indicted Raul Castro for his role in shooting down planes flown by emigres in 1996. The decision to indict the aging Cuban dictator is morally right and strategically sound. It is another welcome move in the Trump administration’s campaign to reassert American power, especially in the Western Hemisphere. The Department of […]
Trump announces highest civilian honor for 9/11 hero remembered as the 'Man in the Red Bandana'
President Trump posthumously awards the Presidential Medal of Freedom to 9/11 hero Welles Crowther ahead of the terrorist attacks' 25th anniversary year.
Trump to Force Foreigners Seeking Green Cards to Go Home First
Foreigners seeking permanent residency in the US will now have to leave the country to apply for green cards, a change with potentially far-reaching ramifications for legal immigration amid President Donald Trump’s sweeping crackdown.
Trump directs legal migrants to return to home country to apply for green cards
The Trump administration on Friday announced prospective immigrants would need to return to their home country to apply for green cards, a move that would stifle the most common pathway used for legal immigration. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) portrayed the new policy memo as “returning to the original intent of the law,” while…
Trump admin tightens on applying for green cards inside the US
The U.S. has long let immigrants apply for green cards without leaving. That's about to change, according to a new memo released by USCIS.
Ron DeSantis runs from questions about Trump's anti-weaponization fund
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis appeared to run away Friday when reporters asked about President Donald Trump's $1.776 billion "Anti-Weaponization Fund." DeSantis broke into a sprint up stairs to exit onto the street. The fund in question was created as a settlement for Trump's $10 billion IRS lawsuit, despite the constitutional irregularity of Trump suing an agency he controls. Since its announcement, Jan. 6 rioters have expressed interest in applying for compensation, prompting criticism from Republican lawmakers on Capitol Hill. Some GOP senators have proposed reconciliation bill provisions to limit fund eligibility. DeSantis's escape was captured on video and widely mocked on social media. Former Florida Agriculture Secretary Nikki Fried wrote on X, "He LITERALLY can't run faster away." Florida Politics editor Peter Schorsch joked about DeSantis struggling on the stairs on X. Economist Anders Åslund wrote on X, "To be a Trump loyalist is to be a coward & refuse to tell the truth or stick to the rule of law."Watch the video below. Your browser does not support the video tag.







