Gunshots Reported Near White House, F.B.I. Says
A witness reported hearing dozens of shots. It was not immediately clear what led up to the shooting or whether anyone had been injured.

Key Senate Republicans are raising concerns about a reported peace deal being negotiated with Iran, arguing it would be a disaster for the United States that would make meaningless the war launched by President Trump nearly three months ago. “The rumored 60-day ceasefire — with the belief that Iran will ever engage in good faith…
A witness reported hearing dozens of shots. It was not immediately clear what led up to the shooting or whether anyone had been injured.
The White House is on lockdown after dozens of gunshots were heard outside on Saturday evening.
Some of Donald Trump's most vocal supporters are publicly turning on the president over his emerging Iran peace framework, posting attacks that range from disappointment to outright fury.The criticism, which intensified after Trump announced from the Oval Office that an agreement involving the United States, Iran, and a coalition of Arab and Muslim nations was "largely negotiated," has come from MAGA-identified accounts on X who say the reported terms amount to a giveaway.Conservative commentator David Hookstead chimed in with a sharp assessment of the reported terms."If the reported details of the Iran deal are accurate, then it represents a total strategic failure," Hookstead wrote. "Absolutely stunning how poorly this has been managed."@MindysMom2009, an account that tagged Trump officials directly and frequently posts Trump's quotes, responded to that statement, warning that the framework as reported would be a death blow for the movement."MAGA is done," the account wrote, citing the possibility that Iran would retain nuclear capabilities in exchange for lifting sanctions and reopening the Strait of Hormuz.@UltraMaga73, with an explicit MAGA bio, went further."yeah I'm sorry but there is no such f------ thing as a PEACE deal with Iran," the user wrote. "How stupid are we?? Bomb the f--- out of them for good."Ron Strong, who posts as @strong54034 and often criticizes Barack Obama, urged Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to ignore Trump entirely."Bibi, DONT ACCEPT A BAD IRAN DEAL! Stop listening to trump, hes a coward! Finish the iranian scum regime yourself!" Strong wrote.Similar language arose on Trump's post announcing a tentative deal on Truth Social, with self-identified MAGA followers lashing out against it.One of those accounts, @TBoyZ, has recently voiced support for Trump and his allies. TBoyZ responded to Trump with, "Sir, we are being played by all involved! Finish it!!"The pushback joins criticism from former Trump Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, who said the framework was "Not remotely America First."
President Donald Trump confirmed Friday afternoon what set off hours of online speculation, posting to Truth Social with an Oval Office statement about a major foreign policy development.In the post, Trump said he had spoken with a long list of Arab and Muslim world leaders about a possible peace agreement involving Iran."I am in the Oval Office at the White House where we just had a very good call with President Mohammed bin Salman Al Saud, of Saudi Arabia," Trump wrote, going on to name the leaders of the UAE, Qatar, Pakistan, Türkiye, Egypt, Jordan, and Bahrain. The call concerned "the Islamic Republic of Iran, and all things related to a Memorandum of Understanding pertaining to PEACE."The president said the framework is close to done."An Agreement has been largely negotiated, subject to finalization between the United States of America, the Islamic Republic of Iran, and the various other Countries, as listed," Trump wrote.He added that he had spoken separately with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, and that "final aspects and details of the Deal are currently being discussed, and will be announced shortly."Trump closed with one specific detail."In addition to many other elements of the Agreement, the Strait of Hormuz will be opened," he wrote.
A video by ABC reporter Selina Wang reveals the moment dozens of gunshots started ringing out just outside the White House."I was in the middle of taping on my iPhone for a social video from the White House North Lawn when we heard the shots," Wang wrote in a post on X describing the scene. "It sounded like dozens of gunshots. We were told to sprint to the press briefing room where we are holding now."In the video, several gunshots can be heard while Wang is still talking. Only after they continue popping in the background does Wang appear shocked before she dives for cover and crawls away. According to reporting by CNN, Secret Service officials were "investigating reports of shots fired at the corner of 17th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue Northwest, which is just outside the White House complex." "One reporter said the sounds appeared to come from the Eisenhower Executive Office Building side of the White House complex," according to CNN. "Secret Service agents carrying rifles could be seen moving through the North Lawn area following the incident and blocking the White House press briefing room."Journalists on the North Lawn had to rush into the White House briefing room, CNN reported. "Inside the White House, reporters were told to shelter in place as Secret Service agents shouted 'get down' and warned of 'shots fired.'"
Approximately 20-30 gunshots were heard near the White House on Saturday evening shortly after President Trump announced he had "largely negotiated" a deal with Iran. The post BREAKING: 20-30 Gunshots Heard Near White House – Pool Reporters Run Inside Press Briefing Room (VIDEO) appeared first on The Gateway Pundit.
President Trump announced the unfinalized deal on social media after talks with Israel and other allies. It aims to end the war and includes two-month negotiations on Iran's nuclear program.
U.S. officials and negotiators were discussing a process to reopen the Strait of Hormuz, sources briefed on the conversations said.