Iran agrees to give up ‘nuclear dust’ stockpile in deal with Trump: report
Iran has reportedly agreed to give up its stockpile of enriched uranium as part of the deal announced by President Trump Saturday

The cancellation comes just after four GOP senators joined Democrats to pass a Senate war powers resolution.
Iran has reportedly agreed to give up its stockpile of enriched uranium as part of the deal announced by President Trump Saturday
President Trump announced that he is close to reaching an agreement with Iran to end the conflict and reopen the Strait of Hormuz, but Iran is dismissing his assertion. Imtiaz Tyab reports.
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) on Saturday issued a sharp warning about President Donald Trump's emerging Iran peace framework, saying it could "pour gasoline" on regional conflicts and supercharge Iranian-backed militant groups.The South Carolina Republican, who is normally one of Trump's most reliable allies on foreign policy issues, took to X to warn that the reported terms of the deal could be read as a strategic win for Tehran by other players in the region."If it is perceived in the region that a deal with Iran allows the regime to survive and become more powerful over time, we will have poured gasoline on the conflicts in Lebanon and Iraq," Graham wrote.He warned specifically about the impact on two Iranian-aligned forces."A deal that is perceived to allow Iran to survive and possess the ability to control the Strait in the future will put Hezbollah in Lebanon and the Shia militias in Iraq on steroids," Graham wrote.The senator's remarks land at a politically delicate moment for Trump, who announced earlier in the day from the Oval Office that an agreement involving the United States, Iran, and a coalition of Arab and Muslim nations had been "largely negotiated."Graham's pushback adds to a growing chorus of conservative voices, including former Trump Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and conservative commentator David Hookstead, raising alarms about what the reported framework would actually deliver.If it is perceived in the region that a deal with Iran allows the regime to survive and become more powerful over time, we will have poured gasoline on the conflicts in Lebanon and Iraq. A deal that is perceived to allow Iran to survive and possess the ability to control the…— Lindsey Graham (@LindseyGrahamSC) May 23, 2026
FBI Director Kash Patel said on social media that officers were responding to shots fired and that he would "update the public as we're able." President Trump was inside the White House at the time.
Gunshots rang out near the White House Saturday night, per multiple reporters who were on the grounds at the time. The big picture: The incident, which happened while President Trump was at the White House, comes four weeks after a gunman allegedly attempted to assassinate him at the White House Correspondents' Dinner. Trump was supposed to be at his son Don Jr.'s wedding in the Bahamas on Saturday, but said Friday he would stay at the White House amid talks to end the Iran war. The latest: FBI director Kash Patel confirmed there was gunfire near the White House and that the Secret Service was responding.The Secret Service said it was investigating reported gunfire near 17th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue NW, which is the northwest corner of the House House grounds. The White House did not immediately return a request for comment.Fox News reported that a gunman fired multiple shots with a pistol at one of the White House gates, at which point the Secret Service returned fire.CNN reported, citing a law enforcement official, that two people were shot in an "encounter" with the Secret Service. Driving the news: Local and national TV correspondents who were at the White House reported hearing multiple shots around 6:15 p.m. ET, and being told by the Secret Service to take shelter.Video posted to social media by ABC reporter Selina Wang features the sound of what appears to be dozens of shots going off, followed by TV crews diving for cover. Reporters inside the White House indicated the lockdown was lifted around 6:50 p.m. ET.Editor's note: This is breaking news. Please check back for updates.
Gunshots were heard ringing out just outside the White House, multiple journalists are reporting on Saturday."Many gunshots were heard when we were at the White House," wrote ABC senior White House correspondent Selina Wang. "We were told to run into the press briefing room."Accounts on X, citing NBC and ABC, reported that as many as 20 to 30 gunshots were heard, though the cause was not immediately explained.
Dozens of gunshots were heard near the White House Saturday evening, putting the White House on lockdown. Reporters at the North Lawn were rushed inside by Secret Service. NBC News’ Julie Tsirkin witnessed the incident.
The White House was placed into lockdown after a series of approximately 30 shots were heard being fired near the Eisenhower Executive Office Building. Journalists and media correspondents reported hearing a series of multiple shots fired and were then told to go into the Brady Room of the White House where they were protected while […] The post More Shots Fired Near White House Perimeter appeared first on The Last Refuge.